Articles / Shlisselburg Town coat of arms, the

Shlisselburg Town coat of arms, the

Subject / Heraldry

The Shlisselburg Town's coat of arms is the official symbol approved with the decision of the Representative Assembly of the town of Shlisselburg (of the second calling) of 7 February 1997 under the No2/7 “O gerbe g. Shlisselburg” (About the coat of arms of the town of Shlisselburg). The heraldic description of the coat of arms: “Within the azure field there is the intersect extremity (green and azure). The extremity is framed with the thin silver line. In the down of the shield there is a silver oblong quadrangular fortress. In front of the fortress there is a three-cornered bastion and behind the fortress there is another one. Within the fortress there is a green yard. At the top of the shield there is a gold key placed upright. The bit of the key is turned to the right. Above the key there is the gold Emperor crown without ribbons.” The coat of arms was made between August 1724 and June 1727. It was made by Count F.M. Santi, a colleague of the King of Arms, according to the Senate decree of 1724. The coat of arms was approved by Empress Anna Ioanovna on 3 March 1730. Then it was confirmed by the Senate decree on 8 March 1730. On 7 May 1780 it was confirmed by Empress Catherine II and over-approved by Emperor Alexander II on 7 May 1857 with some revision. The silver edging of extremity and the green colour of it and status framing were added. The coat of arms was registered in the State Heraldic Register of the Russian Federation under the No.148.

Tripolskaya, Anna Aleksandrovna

Alexander II, Emperor
Anna Ivanovna, Empress
Catherine II, Empress
Santi, Francisc de, Count

Leningrad Oblast, the/Shlisselburg Town

Винклер П.П. Гербы городов, губерний, областей и посадов Российской империи. М. 1990, С.170
Борисов И.В., Козина Е.Н. Геральдика России. М., 2005., С.177

Mentioned in articles:

Heraldry of the Leningrad Oblast, the
The Heraldry of the Leningrad Oblast originated from the 15th century and is one of the oldest in the Russian Federation. In the historical-heraldic respect, the territory of the modern Leningrad Oblast is divided into three parts: Karelian Isthmus,... more

Schlusselburg, town
SCHLÜSSELBURG (Petrokrepost in 1944-92), a town in Kirovsk District. In 1996–2005, a separate municipal entity. Population: 12,400. Located at the head of the Neva River, on its left bank. S. is connected by bus service to Kirovsk and St.... more