Articles / Ivangorod Central Library, the

Ivangorod Central Library, the

Subject / Archives. Libraries./Libraries

THE IVANGOROD CENTRAL LIBRARY (Ivangorod Town, 24 Kingiseppskoye Shosse).It was founded in 1948. From 1977 to 1992 it was part of Kingisepp centralized library system, since 1992 it has had the status of autonomous library. Its general-purpose fund contains 64,000 storage units, with around 3,300 members (every third resident of the town), 17,300 annual visits and 76,300 borrowings a year. The library runs a range of clubs and societies: “Sobesednik” (The Conversationist) (discussion of latest books), “Dlya milykh dam” (For Dear Ladies) (for fans of romance books), “Klub izbirateley” (The Elector Club), “Narova” creative studio (for those who do applied arts). The library regular participant of the festival “Dni Finskogo zaliva” (The Days of Gulf of Finland ) , which includes round tables, competitions of experts, presentations and exhibitions of new books.

Blyudova, Lyudmila Konstantinovna

Leningrad Oblast, the/Ivangorod Town/Kingiseppskoye Shosse (Kingisepp Highway)

Mentioned in articles:

Ivangorod, town
IVANGOROD, a town in Kingisepp District. Population: 11,200. Located at the western border of Leningrad Oblast. Established in1492, when a stone fortress named in honor of Ivan III, Grand Prince of Moscow and All Russia (see Ivangorod Fortress) was... more