Articles / "Krasnaya zvezda" ("The Red Star"), a newspaper

"Krasnaya zvezda" ("The Red Star"), a newspaper

Subject / Literature. Mass Media./Periodicals

"Krasnaya zvezda" ("The Red Star") (6 Sovetskaya Street, Priozersk Town), a social and political newspaper of the Priozersk District. It si founded on October 3, 1940 as the organ of the Kyakisalma Town Committee and the District Committee of VKP(b) (Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Bolsheviks)) of the Karilia-Finnish ASSR. It was published till August 1941. The publishing of the newspaper was resumed in 1945 as the organ of the Keksgolm (later Priozersk) Town Committee and District Committee of KPSS (the Communist Party of the Soviet Union) under the present name. In 1991 the newspaper was re-registered as the organ of the work collective and the local administration. On present days the newspaper founders are the Leningrad Oblast Committee for Information Policy and Telecommunication, the Priozersk District Administration and the newspaper editorial board. The newspaper is published three times a week, its circulation is 5.4 thousand copies, the circulation of Saturday issue is 6.2 thousand copies. The newspaper throws light on the social and political, economic and culture life of the district. Inserts-supplements are published for each of 14 settlements (municipal unions) of the district. Topic columns "Pamyat" ("The Memory") and "Volost" ("The District") (on the history of settlements) are made by the ex-contributor of the newspaper the Doctor of Letters A.P. Dmitriyev. Meetings with reades are held two times a year.

Ansberg, Olga Nikolayevna

Dmitriyev, Andrey Petrovich

Leningrad Oblast, the/Priozersk District/Priozersk Town/Sovetskaya Street

Тюрин О.И. Сам себе хозяин // Журналист. 2005. № 8
"КРАСНАЯ ЗВЕЗДА". Общественно-политическая газета Приозерского района. URL:

Mentioned in articles:

Mass Media Union of the Leningrad Oblast, the
The Mass Media Union of the Leningrad Oblast (Priozersk Town, Sovetskaya Street., 6),non-governmental not-for-profit organization consisting of thirty leading mass media of the Leningrad Oblast.Founded in 2002,founders-the oblast newspaper ... more

Periodical press. Till 1917 the periodical press was not developed good in the St. Petersburg Gubernia. The newspaper "Cankt Peterburgskiye vedomosti" ("The St. Petersburg Bulletin", 1838-1916) and the weekly magazine "Sankt Peterburgsky dukhovny... more

Priozersk District
PRIOZERSK DISTRICT, municipal entity. Population: 63,300 (of these, 20,500 live in Priozersk town, the adm. center.) Area: 3,563.1 sq. km. Located in the eastern and north-eastern parts of the Karelian Isthmus. It borders Vsevolozhsk and Vyborg... more

Priozersk, town
PRIOZERSK (Korela; Kexholm until 1948; Finnish Käkisalmi,) town, adm. center of Priozersk District. Population: 19,300. From 1310, the center of Russian possessions in Karelia. It belonged to Sweden in 1580-95 and in 1611-1710. It became territory... more

Society for the Protection of History and Culture Monuments, an oblast branch
The Society for the Protection of History and Culture Monuments, the Leningrad oblast branch. It is a structural department of the All-Russian Society for the Protection of History and Culture Monuments (VOOPIiK) which is a mass voluntary public... more