Articles / The Lutheran Church (Moloskovitsy Village, Volosovo District)

The Lutheran Church (Moloskovitsy Village, Volosovo District)

Subject / Religion. Church/Churches of other confessions

The Lutheran Church (Moloskovitsy Village, the Volosovo District), it was called "White Protestant Church" (the parish of Valkeakirkko/Moloskovitsa), one of the oldest churches in Ingermanlandia. The community was organised during 1639-1631. The stone church for 400 people was built in 1632, a bell tower was built up in 1877. During 1759-1834 a church in the village of Novoselki was added to the Lutheran church. In 1902 the church was rebuilt, the tile roof was replaced with an iron one, furnaces were installed. In 1907 there were 2300 parishioners - Finns, 2000 Estonians, 50 Germans. Public worships were performed In Finnish and Estonian by turns. Pastors: Friithof Georg Sleer (during 1913-1919), Lev Schults (during 1921-1937; he was shot). The church was closed in 1938, the building was trasferred for a community centre.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Schultz, Lev Antonovich
Sleer, Friithof George

Leningrad Oblast, the/Volosovo District/Moloskovitsi Village
Leningrad Oblast, the/Kingisepp District/Novoselki Village

Князева Е.Е., Соловьева Г.Ф. Лютеранские церкви и приходы в России XVIII-XX вв. Ч. 1. СПб., 2001., С. 63-64
Шкаровский М., Черепенина Н. История Евангелическо-лютеранской церкви на Северо-Западе России. 1917-1945. СПб., 2004, С. 190-191