Articles / The Lutheran Church of St. Catherine (Novosaratovka Village, Vsevolozhsk District)

The Lutheran Church of St. Catherine (Novosaratovka Village, Vsevolozhsk District)

Subject / Religion. Church/Churches of other confessions

The Lutheran Church of St. Catherine (Novosaratovka Village, the Vsevolozhsk District). A wooden church was built by German colonists in 1766 in Novaya Saratovka, a new established colony on the Neva River right bank in 13 versts from saint Petersburg. A stone church was laid in 1833 and consecrated in 1835; it was rebuilt in 1869. The church was repaired in 1846, 1880, 1900. There was a school, orphanage, alms-house, cemetery at the church. In 1904 there were 4800 parishioners. The church was closed in 1935, the building was adapted for a school and was rebuilt. Pastor Paul and Pastor Bruno Reihtert were shot in 1938. The church was damaged during the war years. In 1994 Lutherans bought out the church building and restored it. On 26 September 1998 the church was consecrated. The ground floor was adapted for a chapel and the Theological Seminary (lessons began on 1 May 1997). Courses for pastors and preachers are held there as well as conferences and seminars.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Reichert, Bruno, pastor
Reichert, Paul, pastor

Topographical landmarks/Neva River, the
Leningrad Oblast, the/Vsevolozhsk District/Novosaratovka Village

Исторические евангелическо-лютеранские церкви и приходы на северо-западе Росии. СПб., 2003, С. 13
Шкаровский М., Черепенина Н. История Евангелическо-лютеранской церкви на Северо-Западе России. 1917-1945. СПб., 2004, С. 195-196

Subject Index
The Theology Seminary of the Evangelical - Lutheran Church

Mentioned in articles:

The Germans (their own native name is Deutsche) are an ethnic community which is a part of the polpulation of the Leningrad Oblast. The religious Germans are Lutherans and Catholics. The Germans are the main population of Germany. In Russian (in... more

Novosaratovka, a settlement of Germen-colonists
Novosaratovskaya colony (the present village of Novosaratovka of Vsevolozhsk District) is a settlement of Germans - colonists on the right bank of the Neva River. It was founded by immigrants from Württemberg and Brandenburg in 1765. In the 18th... more

The Theology Seminary of the Evangelical - Lutheran Church
THEOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF INGERI EVANGELICAL-LUTHERAN CHURCH NAMED AFTER S.-J. LAURIKKALA (Kolbino Village, Vsevolozhsk District). In 1993 the Synod of Ingeri Unified Lutheran Church made a decision to found a Centre of Deacon Education. In 1995 a... more

Vsevolozhsk District
VSEVOLOZHSK DISTRICT, a part of Leningrad Oblast. Area: 2945.4 sq. km. Population: 215,200. Adm. center: Vsevolozhsk Town. Comprises Sertolovo Town, six urban settlements (Dubrovka, settlement named after Morozov, settlement named after Sverdlov,... more