Articles / Museum of Ceramics, the

Museum of Ceramics, the

Subject / Museums

The Museum of Ceramics was being in the village of Alyekhovshchina of the Lodeynoye Pole. It was founded in 2002 at "Oyat Ceramics" Limited Company (it has been working since 1969) which produces ceramics items using the high-grade local red clay for production. The museum was placed in an age-old two-storeyed wooden house. Samples of ceramics, known in villages on the River Oyat since 18th century: pots, mugs, plates, saucers, jugs, wash-hand-stands, teapots, patches, lids, penny whistles in form of animal and bird figures, were presented on the exposition. The museum and the limited company burned down in 2004 and from 2005 it has been restoring. The training and ceramics teaching centre works at the enterprise. * See the article: Oyat Ceramics

Yegorov, Sergey Borisovich

Leningrad Oblast, the/Lodeynoye Pole District/Alyokhovshchina Village

Оятская керамика. URL:
Оятская Керамика. URL:

Subject Index
Oyatskaya ceramics

Mentioned in articles:

Alyokhovshchina, village
ALYOKHOVSCHINA, a village in Lodeynoye Pole District. Population: 1882. It is situated on the banks of the Oyat River. It is situated at the crossing of motor roads to Lodeynoye Pole, Tikhvin, Domozhirovo, and Yaroslavichi. The name originates from... more