Articles / Luga Town Museum of the Local History, the

Luga Town Museum of the Local History, the

Subject / Museums

The Luga Town Museum of the Local History (Luga Town, 11a Red Artillery Street) was founded in 1976. The museum is placed in the former merchant house which is the wood architecture sight of the 19th century. There are 11 thousand items in the museum funds. Materials told the history of the Luga uyezd villages, about the defence of the Luga line in 1941, about the partisan movement in the district during the Great Patriotic War are presented on the permanent exhibition (it was opened in 1883). Artillery Marshal G.F. Odintsov's private things are exhibited. The local production samples are presented on the fixed exhibition "The Industry and Agriculture in the Town and District". Exhibitions of works of Luga Town artists and craftsmen are regularly held at the museum exhibition hall. Every year the museum is visited by 8.5 thousand visitors.

Margolis, Aleksandr Davidovich

Odintsov, Georgy Fedotovich

Leningrad Oblast, the/Luga District/Luga Town/Krasnaya Artilleriya Street
Historical Toponyms/Saint Petersburg Gubernia, the/Luga Uyezd

Музеи Санкт-Петербурга и Ленингр. обл.: Справ./Авт.-сост.: Ю.Б.Демиденко, Т.Н.Демиденко. СПб., 2002
Leningrad (St.Petersburg) Region Museums || Музеи Ленинградской области. URL:

Mentioned in articles:

Luga, town
LUGA, town, adm. center of Luga District. Located 142 km (139 by railway) south of St. Petersburg on the Luga River, after which it was given its name. Population: 40,400. The town is a junction of motor and railroad routes to St. Petersburg,... more