Rubricator / Architecture
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

A.I. Voyeikov, monument to

A.P. Aleksandrov, monument to the academician

Aaalto, Alvar (1898 - 1976), an architect
Aaalto, Alvar (1898 - 1976), a Finnish architect and designer. Alvar Aalto graduated from the Polytechnic Institute in Helsinki in 1921. He was an expert in Functionalism and natural architecture. Among the most famous constructions of Aalto there... more

Agrikola Mikael, monument to

Ahrenberg, Johann Jacob (1847 - 1914), an architect
Ahrenberg, Johann Jacob (1847, Vyborg - 1914), an architect, writer, ethnographer. During 1870-1875 he learned at the Royal Academy of Free Arts in Stockholm. During 1876-1877 and 1879-1882 he was a teacher of Drawing and History of Arts at the... more

Ala - Kirjola, a country estate
Ala - Kirjola (Alakirjola; in Finnish - Alakirjola/Nizhnyaya Kirijola), an estate which is located on the territory of the present-day village of Landyshevka of the Vyborg district ( nearby the settlement of Sovetsky). The estate has been known... more

Aleksandrovka, Hard af Segerstad, Karl Adams Nils Gabriel

Alexander II , monument to
The monument to Alexander II (the town of Novaya Ladoga). It was erected opposite Gostnniy Dvor (Merchant's Yard) on June 16, 1913. It was the copy of the monument to Alexander II in the Moscow Kremlin (1898, the sculptor A.N. opekushin). The... more

Alley of Heros (Podporozhye Town)

Alyutino, a country estate

Ampiala, a country estate

"Anchor", a memorial

Angela, a country estate

Annensky fortifications (Vyborg Town)
Annensky fortifications (Vyborg Town) (They are located in the town of Vyborg between Petrovskaya embankment and Batalyonnaya street).The system of the defensive military constructions is located in the south-east part of Tverdysh Island. The... more

Aplaksin, Andrey Petrovich (1879-1931), architect
Andrey Petrovich Aplaksin (1879-1931) is an architect, artist, restorer, historian of architecture. He was graduated from the Institute of Civil Engineers (1904) and the Pavlovsk Military College (1906). From 1906 to 1914 he was the architect of... more

Apyshkov, Vladimir Petrovich (1871 - 1939), an architect
Vladimir Petrovich Apyshkov (1871–1939) is an architect, engineer, teacher, theorist of architecture. He was graduated from the Nicolas Engineer Academy in St. Petersburg (1901). From 1902 to 1905 he was studing at the Architecture department of... more

"Armour", a monument

Baikov, Aleksey Mikhaylovich (1791- 1854), an architect
Aleksey Mikhaylovich Baikov (1790-1854), an architect, a graduate of the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts (1813). From 1816 he was an architect of the Gatchina Town Board, from 1843 he was an architect of the Gatchina palace board. During 40 years... more

"Bank of Strong Man", a memorial

Batareinaya Hill (Vyborg Town)
Batareinaya Hill (Vyborg Town). This is the rocky hill in the east part of the town. This hill is located between Batareynaya, Sbornaya and Krepostnaya streets. The name is connected with building the Vostochnovyborgsky (East Vyborg )... more

Batovo, a country estate
Batovo, an estate (the village of Batovo, the Gatchina district). Located on the bank of the River Oredezh village of Batovo was granted by Paul I to Major-General P.F. Malyutin, an ex-officer of the Gatchina units. In 1800 Malyutin presented the... more

Bazaine, Pyotr Petrovich (1786 - 1838), an architect, scientist, teacher
Bazaine, Pyotr Petrovich (1786 - 1838), an engineer-builder, mechanic, mathematician, teacher, Corresponding Member (18170, honorary member of the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences (1827), Lieutenant-General (1830). He was of France origin. From... more

Bazhenov, Vasily Ivanovich (1737/38 - 1799), an architect
Vasily Ivanovich Bazhenov (1737 or 1738 - 1799), an architect, one of the Russian classicism founder. From 1756 to 1762 he learned in the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts and the Royal Academy in Paris. Since 1765 Bazhenov had been an academician and... more

Belogorka, a country estate
Belogorka, a country estate (the village of Belogorka, the Gatchina district). The estate ("Belya Gorka") was named after its first owner F.F. Bell, a marshal of the nobility of the Tsarskoye Selo uyezd, which bought the village of Novaya Siverskaya... more

Benois, Nikolay Leontyevich (1813 - 1898), an architect and artist
Nikolay Leontyevich Benois (1813-1898), an architect and artist-decorator. N.L. Benois graduated from the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts in 1836. From 1846 he was a court architect of the Academy (1847), a professor (1858), an honorary member of the... more

Beretti, Vikenty Ivanovich (1781 - 18420, an architect
Beretti, Vikenty Ivanovich (1781 - 18420, an architect, academician of architecture (1809). Beretti graduated from the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts in 1804. He headed the Committee of City Building from 1825. In St. Petersburg and environs Beretti... more

Bernstam, Leopold Adolfovich (Leopold Berngard) (1859 - 1939), an artist
Leopold Berngard (Leopold Adolfovich) Bernstam (1859-1939), a sculptor. He learned at the Drawing School of the Arts Encouragement Society and at the Academy of Arts (during 1877-83, as an irregular student). From 1885 Bernstam worked in Paris. He... more

Bezpalov, Innokenty Fyodorovich (1877 - 1959), an architect
Innokenty Fyodorovich Bezpalov (1877–1959), an architect, artist and sculptor. From 1898 to 1910 Bezpalov learned (with breaks) at the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts. He worked in Krasnoyarsk, Tver, Vyshny Volochek, in the Ukraine, in Finland. In... more

Bezzabotnaya (The Careless), a country estate
Bezzabotnaya (The Careless), a country estate (Gorbunki Village, the Lomonosov District). The name (according to the name of the residence of Frederick II in Potsdam Sans-Souci; "sans souc" was translated from French as "careless") was given by O.A.... more

Bogoslovka, a country estate

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13