Articles / Zaporozhskoye, settlement

Zaporozhskoye, settlement

Subject / Topography/Villages

ZAPOROZHSKOYE (Finnish Metsapirtti = “wood hut” before 1948), a settlement in Priozersk District. Population: 1900. In the 1499/1500 scribe roll of Vodskaya Pyatina it is mentioned as “Na cheperte” village. In 1792, a Lutheran church was built (rebuilt in 1914, destroyed in 1939 during hostilities.) In 1936, a monument to the peasants of Metsapirtti Volost was installed (by A. Kaarimo; restored in 2002.) In 1948, the settlement was renamed Zaporozhye, and in 1949, Zaporozhskoye (probably after the rapids on the Vyun River.) Z. incorporated Rechnaya village (Kosela before 1948.) Grazhdansky Breeding Farm Co. is located in Z. The settlement has a culture center and library.

A. Y. Chistyakov

Chistyakov, Anton Yuryevich

Kaarimo, Aarno

Leningrad Oblast, the/Priozersk District
Historical Toponyms/Rechnaya Village
Historical Toponyms/Novgorod Land/Vodskaya Pyatina ("Fifth") (The territory of Novgorod Land located between rivers the Luga and the Volkhov and on the shores of Ladoga Lake)
Topographical landmarks/Vyun River, the

Орехов Д.И. (авт.-сост.) Карельский перешеек. Земля неизведанная. СПб., 2005. Ч. 8. Восточный сектор. Метсяпиртти (Запорожское)., С.86-102

Subject Index
"Peasants of Metsyapirtti volost", monument to
Zaporozhye House of Culture
Zaporozhye Rural Library, the