Articles / Borovoye, a country estate

Borovoye, a country estate

Subject / Architecture/Country estates

Borovoye, a country estate (a settlement, the Rest House "Borovoye", the Luga district). The estate is located on the shore of Cheremenetskoye Lake on a pine forest. The estate's second name is Lvovo, it was named after U.A. Lvov, the owner, an oilman. In 1913 he bought 118 desytinas of the land where he demanded to build a villa for business meetings. The neoclassicism style manor house was naturally connected with the environmental landscape (the author of the project was the architect S.P. Ivanov). The manor house with two porticoes is crowned with a cupola. It is faced to the lake, the slope to the lake was made as terraces with stairs and balustrades. An arbour-rotunda is located on the axis with the house. The high stairs leads on the precipice slope to it. The main yard is designed like a round parterre, in the centre of it there is a marble sculpture. At Soviet time the Rest House of NKVD (People's Commissariat of Internal Affairs) workers was placed there, so the estate ensemble is in good conditions now.

Piryutko, Yuri Minayevich

Ivanov, Semyon Petrovich
Lvov, Georgy Aleksandrovich

Topographical landmarks/Cheremenetskoye Lake
Leningrad Oblast, the/Luga District
Leningrad Oblast, the/Luga District/Skreblovo Settlement

Мурашова Н.В., Мыслина Л.П. Дворянские усадьбы Санкт-Петербургской губернии. Лужский район. СПб., 2001., С.38-46
Мурашова Н.В. Сто дворянских усадеб Санкт-Петербургской губернии: Исторический справочник. СПб., 2005., С.31-33

Mentioned in articles:

Country estates
Country estates. In the early 20th century on the territory of the modern Leningrad Oblast there were 2000 country estates. Mainly they appeared at one time with St. Petersburg. There were not many "Family nests" that belonged to one family and... more