Articles / Dubrovka, urban settlement

Dubrovka, urban settlement

Subject / Topography/Urban settlements

DUBROVKA, an urban settlement in Vsevolozhsk District. Population: 5,400. It is situated on the right bank of the Neva near Nevskaya Dubrovka railway station. The settlement was founded at a sawmill and paper mill in 1911. Currently, the core enterprise of D. is JSC Nevskaya Dubrovka (manufacturing of chipboard and furniture.) During WWII, there was a crossing to the left bank of the Neva, to the “Nevsky Spot” bridgehead in way of D. There are memorial military burials in D.; in particular, military pilot Hero of the Soviet Union D. E. Oskalenko is buried there (there is memorial plaque on the school building.) Searching teams work in the environs of D. annually. In 2005, the construction of a church in honor of the “Quest of the Perished” Icon of the Mother of God was started (on the site of the culture center that burned down in 1991.) The settlement has a children’s library, school of music, and “The Nevsky Spot” museum. Currently, work is underway to set up a “Nevskaya Dubrovka” memorial to become part of an integrated “Nevsky Beachhead” complex. Poet N. M. Rubtsov visited D. in 1959; one of the streets was named after him in 1996.

Chistyakov, Anton Yuryevich

Oskalenko, Dmitry Yefimovich
Rubtsov, Nikolay Mikhaylovich

Topographical landmarks/Neva River, the
Leningrad Oblast, the/Vsevolozhsk District/Nevskaya Dubrovka Railway Station
Leningrad Oblast, the/Vsevolozhsk District

Дубровка в зеркале времен / Сост. С.Б.Соколова. Всеволожск, 2002.

Subject Index
Dubrovka Rural Children Library, the
Dubrovskaya children music school
"The Nevsky Patch", a museum