KOBRINO, a village in Gatchina District. Population: 96. Located at the Kobrinka River (tributary of the Suyda.) 0.5 km away from K. is Pribytkovo railway station of the Gatchina-Luga branch. The name originates from the name of the Kobrin family. Close to K. there were burial mounds of the 12th-13th cc. (surveyed in 1873.) After 1640 it was the center of the Finnish Lutheran parish of Kobrino/Koprina (some of the parishioners in the 18th-19th cc. were Germans.) In 1784-86, a wooden Lutheran church of St. Catherine was built (rebuilt in 1886-87, closed in 1937, temporarily active in 1941-44); in 1966, the building burned down. Adjacent to the village is Kobrinskoye settlement. A. R. Yakovleva, the nurse of A. S. Pushkin, lived in K. in 1781-97. The log hut built in the last quarter of the 18th c. where the descendants of Arina Rodionovna lived has survived. After the restoration in 1972-74, the museum “The Hut of A. S. Pushkin’s Nurse” was opened there. Near the village was the Kobrino estate owned by A. P.Gannibal in the mid-18th century.
A. Y. Chistyakov, Y. M. Piryutko
Chistyakov, Anton Yuryevich
Piryutko, Yuri Minayevich
Hannibal, Abraham (Ibrahim) Petrovich
Pushkin, Aleksandr Sergeyevich
Yakovleva, Arina Rodionovna
Leningrad Oblast, the/Gatchina District
Topographical landmarks/Kobrinka River, the
Leningrad Oblast, the/Gatchina District/Kobrinskoye Settlement
Leningrad Oblast, the/Gatchina District/Pribytkovo Railway Station
Topographical landmarks/Suyda River, the
Бурлаков А. Туристские маршруты Гатчинского района. Южное направление. Гатчина, 2003.
Kobrino, a country estate
"The House of A.S. Pushkin's Nanny", a museum.
The Lutheran Church of St. Catherine (Kobrino Village, Gatchina District)