Articles / The Church of the Holy Trinity (Gostilitsy Village, Lomonosov District)

The Church of the Holy Trinity (Gostilitsy Village, Lomonosov District)

Subject / Religion. Church/Orthodox churches

The Church of the Holy Trinity (Gostilitsy Village, 4 Nizhnyaya Street, Lomonosov District). The original wooden church was built in the estate of Nikita Kalitin in the 17th с. In the 1730s the wooden church of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God was built near the estate. In 1747 the domestic church of the Holy Trinity was consecrated in the estate house of Count А.G. Razumovsky, from 1782 the church of the Revelsky Regiment was placed at the same house. The stone church of the Holy Trinity was built in 1755-1764, supposedly to the design of the architect A.V. Kvasov, using the money of Count K.G. Razumovsky. It was consecrated in 1764, it was rebuilt in the 1840s. The oval plan church, with the rectangular apsed and a refectory, was built in the Baroque style and the octagon dome was constructed above it. The south and north entrances were flanked by the two column porticos of the Doric Order with the high triangular pediments. The church did not work from 1935, it was closed on 4 August 1939. The church was empty and it ruined gradually after WWII . The church was returned to believers in 1994, it work from March 1995. The restoration work was done in the late 1990s.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Kvasov, Aleksey Vasilyevich
Razumovsky, Aleksey Grigoryevich, Count
Razumovsky, Kirill Grogoryevich, Count

Leningrad Oblast, the/Lomonosov District/Gostilitsi Village/Nizhnyaya Street

Гоголицын Ю.М., Гоголицына Т.М. Памятники архитектуры Ленинградской области. Л., 1987., 176-177
Земля Невская Православная: Краткий церковно-исторический справочник / Науч. ред. В.В. Антонов. СПб., 2006., 176-177
Мурашова Н.В., Мыслина Л.П. Дворянские усадьбы Санкт-Петербургской губернии. Ломоносовский район. СПб., 1999., 47-48

Mentioned in articles:

Gostilitsi, a country estate
Gostilitsi, a country estate (the village of Gostilitsi, the Lomonosov district). It is an architectural sight of the 18th century. In 1721 Peter I granted the grange to Captain B.-Kh. Minikh which was invited for building the Ladoga Canals. On the... more

Gostilitsi, village
GOSTILITSI, a village in Lomonosov District. Population: 3600. It is located at the northern edge of the Izhora Hills, on the Gostilka River. The name originates from the Novgorod name Gostilo. First mention was in Novgorod’s scribe roll of... more