GOSTILITSI, a village in Lomonosov District. Population: 3600. It is located at the northern edge of the Izhora Hills, on the Gostilka River. The name originates from the Novgorod name Gostilo. First mention was in Novgorod’s scribe roll of 1499/1500. Burial mounds were found in the environs of G. (explored at the break of the 19th-20th cc.) In 1898, a treasure of Swedish copper coins of 1625-39 was found in G. From the mid-18th century, there was an estate first of C. A. Muennich, then of Counts Razumovsky, and a palace of Empress Elisabeth Petrovna (see Gostilitsi, Estate.) The Holy Trinity Church (1764, arch. A. V. Kvasov) has survived and it is under restoration. In WWII, there was a front line near G. Those events are commemorated in the memorial to liberator warriors, a part of the “Green Belt of Glory”, and an obelisk on the Kolokolnya Hill. In the 1960s – 1970s, multistoried houses were built for the Soviet farm workers. The head office of Krasnaya Baltika Co. is located in G. In 1976, the Gostilitsi Botanic Reserve was established (area: 1595 ha) to preserve the aboriginal southern taiga forests on the glint.
Chistyakov, Anton Yuryevich
Elizabeth Petrovna, Empress
Kvasov, Aleksey Vasilyevich
Munnich, Christofor Antonovich (Burhard Kristof), Count
Topographical landmarks/Gostilka River, the
Topographical landmarks/Izhora Hills, the
Topographical landmarks/Kolokolnya, mountain
Leningrad Oblast, the/Lomonosov District
Мурашова Н.В., Мыслина Л.П. Дворянские усадьбы Санкт-Петербургской губернии. Ломоносовский район. СПб., 1999.
Киселева О.В. Гостилицы. URL: http://baltfriends.ru/rus/ourvalue/ohv24.htm
"Gostilitsky", a reserve
"Green Belt of Glory", memorial constructions complex
The Church of the Holy Trinity (Gostilitsy Village, Lomonosov District)