Articles / The Church of Sainted Hierach Nicholas the Wonderworker (Lebyazhye Village, Lomonosov District)

The Church of Sainted Hierach Nicholas the Wonderworker (Lebyazhye Village, Lomonosov District)

Subject / Religion. Church/Orthodox churches

The Church of St Nicholas the Wonderworker (Lebyazhye Village, the Lomonosov District). A wooden domestic "pilot" church-school was built in the settlement of Kronstadt pilots (36 Lotsmanskaya (Pilot) Street) during 1902-1903 (the architect N.A. Dolbinsky). It was consecrated by St. Ioann of Kronstadt during the concelebration of the the local clergy on 28 January 1903. The stone "merchant" Russian style church of the same name was built in 1911-1912 to the design of the architect V.A. Kosyakov ( 18 Primorskaya Street). During 1928-1932 both churche were belonged to the Josephism moovement. The priest Ioann Lebedev, the dean of both churches from 1924, was arrested in 1931, on 10 May 1932 the churches were closed. The stone church was adapted for a community centre, the wooden church was used for barracks of the 3d artillery brigade. Both churches were returned to belivers on 12 May 1993. Firstly on 19 December 1993 public worships were resumed in the wooden church, then they were become to performe in the stone one. In summer a youth camp worked at the community. In 2003 the church community together with the children's home - boarding school No. 1 of the town of Petrodvorets organized the centre for children - orphans "Chaika" ("Sigal") with class-rooms for lessons, handicraft workshops and farmland. Restoration works are done. In the late 199s the attached wooden church of the Icon of the Mother of God "Finding the Deceased" in the village cemetery was constructed.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Dolbinsky, Nikolay Aleksandrovich
Ioann of Kronstadt (Ivan Ilyich Sergiyev)
Kosyakov, Vasily Antonovich
Lebedev, Ioann Mikhaylovich

Leningrad Oblast, the/Lomonosov District/Lebyazhye Urban Village/Lotsmanskaya Street
Leningrad Oblast, the/Lomonosov District/Lebyazhye Urban Village/Primorskaya Street

Ададуров А. Православие – это жизнь // Град Духовный. 2004. № 4., 59-60
Исполнилось 100 лет со дня основания храма святителя Николая в поселке Лебяжье // С.-Петербургский церковный вестник. 2003. № 3., 10

Mentioned in articles:

Lebyazhye, urban settlement
LEBYAZHYE, an urban settlement in Lomonosov District. Population: 5,600. It is situated on the south coast of the Gulf of Finland, where the Lebyazhka River flows into the gulf. It was established in 1966 by integrating the villages of... more