Articles / The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew (Bolshoye Kuzemkino Village, Kingisepp District)

The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew (Bolshoye Kuzemkino Village, Kingisepp District)

Subject / Religion. Church/Churches of other confessions

The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew (Bolshoye Kuzemkino Village, the Kingisepp District). A Lutheran community was founded in 1640, from 1704 it was added to the Narva church of St. Michael. The first Church of St. Andrew was consecrated on 30 November 1732. According to the Highest order the new stone church of the Holy Trinity for 450 seats was built in the Gothic style during 1877-1879. In 1912 the church was restored. In 1917 there were 4260 parishioners, Finns and Estonians. From 1936 the church did not work, on 26 January 1938 it was closed. The church building was adapted for a garrison club. In the period of the German occupation from December 1941 the public worships resumed, in 1944 the church was closed again. After the war the building was used as a club. From December 1989 the new-born parish performed public worships in the club of Konnovo Village. After the restoration work in the 1990s public worships have been performed in the historic church building.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Leningrad Oblast, the/Kingisepp District/Bolshoye Kuzemkino Village
Leningrad Oblast, the/Kingisepp District/Konnovo Village

Князева Е.Е., Соловьева Г.Ф. Лютеранские церкви и приходы в России XVIII-XX вв. Ч. 1. СПб., 2001., 87-88
Исторические евангелическо-лютеранские церкви и приходы на северо-западе Росии. СПб., 2003, 16
Шкаровский М., Черепенина Н. История Евангелическо-лютеранской церкви на Северо-Западе России. 1917-1945. СПб., 2004, 217-218

Subject Index