Articles / Museum of the Shlisselburf Town History, the.

Museum of the Shlisselburf Town History, the.

Subject / Museums

The Museum of the Shlisselburg (Schlusselburg) Town History (Shlisselburg Town, Factory Island, 2a) is a municipal museum and a branch of "The Museum Agency". It was founded on 18 July of 1990. The first exposition was presented in February of 1997 at the building of Culture and Sport Centre "Nevsky". In the museum there are materials on the history of Oreshek and Shlisselburg between the 14th and 20th centuries, about building the Ladoga Canals, about the Shlisselburg textile mill (1763-1941), about Nevsky shipyard. There are more then 4500 items in the museum funds. The museum is visited by 1600 people a year.

Karpenko, Irina Aleksandrovna

Leningrad Oblast, the/Shlisselburg Town/Fabrichny Island
Topographical landmarks/Ladoga Canals, the
Topographical landmarks/Oreshek Island

Музеи Санкт-Петербурга и Ленингр. обл.: Справ./Авт.-сост.: Ю.Б.Демиденко, Т.Н.Демиденко. СПб., 2002

Subject Index
Ladoga Canals, the
Shlisselburg Fortress, the
"The Museum Agency", a State Culture institution

Mentioned in articles:

Schlusselburg, town
SCHLÜSSELBURG (Petrokrepost in 1944-92), a town in Kirovsk District. In 1996–2005, a separate municipal entity. Population: 12,400. Located at the head of the Neva River, on its left bank. S. is connected by bus service to Kirovsk and St.... more