Articles / The Church of All Saints (Priozersk Town)

The Church of All Saints (Priozersk Town)

Subject / Religion. Church/Orthodox churches

The Church of All Saints (Priozersk Town, 17 Pushkin Street). The stone church made of local brick (the architect J.Ya. Arenberg) was built in the cemetery during 1890-1892 according to the will of Ye. Andreyeva, a daughter of a merchant. The church was consecrated in 1894. The church was closed in spring 1940 after the capture of Keksgolm (Priozersk) Town by the Soviet troops. In 1989 the church was returned to belivers and restored. From 1990 it works as a town residence of the Church of Our Saviour and the Transfiguration of Christ of the Valaam Monastery. In 2000 the building of a new stone church was begun to the design of the architect Ye.A. Zyukin.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Andreyeva, Yevdokia (Avdotya)
Arenberg, Johann Jacob
Zukin, Yevgeny Anatolyevich

Historical Toponyms/Keksgolm Town
Leningrad Oblast, the/Priozersk District/Priozersk Town/Pushkin Street

Земля Невская Православная: Краткий церковно-исторический справочник / Науч. ред. В.В. Антонов. СПб., 2006.

Mentioned in articles:

Ahrenberg, Johann Jacob (1847 - 1914), an architect
Ahrenberg, Johann Jacob (1847, Vyborg - 1914), an architect, writer, ethnographer. During 1870-1875 he learned at the Royal Academy of Free Arts in Stockholm. During 1876-1877 and 1879-1882 he was a teacher of Drawing and History of Arts at the... more

Town residence of monasteries
The town residences of monasteries. There were two periods of the town residences establising in the St. Petesburg Gubernia/Leningrad Oblast: 1) the late 19th - the early 20th century, 2) the late 20th century. In the period the town residences were... more