Articles / The Church of the Procession of the Venerable and Life-Giving Cross of the Lord (Lisino-Korpus Settlement, Tosno District)

The Church of the Procession of the Venerable and Life-Giving Cross of the Lord (Lisino-Korpus Settlement, Tosno District)

Subject / Religion. Church/Orthodox churches

The Church of the Venerable and Life-Giving Cross of the Lord (Lisino-Korpus Settlement). In 1846 the domestic church was arranged in the building of the Huntsman College in the Lisinskoye practice area of forest (the village of Lustovka) in honour of the religious festival which was very admired by forestry specialists. The design of the new stone church (architect N.L. Benois) was approved by Emperor Alexander II. The constructing was made from 1860 to 1862, the church was consecrated on 14 October 1862. The plan of the church is a cross, which was closed by the polygon apsis in the east. The bell tower was placed above antechurch. The square main volume and the bell tower were completed by the octooctahedron drums and shatyors (high piramidal roof) . The Romanesque and Gothic motifs were the central decotarive elements. The church was closed on 16 August 1933, it was adapted for "the cultural needs". The church was damaged by the artillery fire during WWII. In the middle of the 1990s the church was return to believers, it began to work from 1998. From autumn of 1999 the church is the town residence of the Voskresensky Novodevichyi Monastery in Saint Petersburg, the restoration work was done. The Worship Cross was installed at the entrance to the village in the end of the 1990s.

Shkarovsky, Mikhail Vitalyevich

Alexander II, Emperor
Benois, Nikolay Leontyevich

Leningrad Oblast, the/Tosno District/Lisino-Korpus Settlement
Historical Toponyms/Lustovka, Village

М.И.Бартенева. Николай Бенуа. Л. 1985, 90-91

Mentioned in articles:

Benois, Nikolay Leontyevich (1813 - 1898), an architect and artist
Nikolay Leontyevich Benois (1813-1898), an architect and artist-decorator. N.L. Benois graduated from the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts in 1836. From 1846 he was a court architect of the Academy (1847), a professor (1858), an honorary member of the... more

Country estates
Country estates. In the early 20th century on the territory of the modern Leningrad Oblast there were 2000 country estates. Mainly they appeared at one time with St. Petersburg. There were not many "Family nests" that belonged to one family and... more

Lisino-Korpus, settlement
LISINO-KORPUS, a settlement in Tosno District. Population: 1100. Located 2 km away from Lustovka railway station of the Fornosovo-Tyosovo-Netylsky branch on a highway connecting Tosno Town and Vyritsa urban settlement. The name is related to the... more

Town residence of monasteries
The town residences of monasteries. There were two periods of the town residences establising in the St. Petesburg Gubernia/Leningrad Oblast: 1) the late 19th - the early 20th century, 2) the late 20th century. In the period the town residences were... more